Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Whip Up Wednesday: Butterfly Valentines


Ah, Valentine's Day. Can you believe it's only a little over a week away? I thought I would dedicate this week's whip up Wednesday to the making of simple class Valentines.

This year we have two bundles of cards to bring to school, so I turned once again to the trinket/dime toy section of the toy store-because they are already going to be hyped on sugar and a cute card with a toy beats a character card every time! The party favor section is also a great place to look for hidden treasures.


While searching the bins of toys, these little butterflies jumped out at me. They have Addie written all over them, and at $0.10 a pop I had not choice but to snatch them up (find pretty Plastic Butterflies similar to mine for yourself). I printed a little card and attached the butterflies with a little piece of double stick tape. I made the dotty envelopes by stamping them with a pencil eraser and a black ink pad.


I am definitely not the first to go this route with class Valentines. If you're looking for more inspiration, be sure to check out Danyelle's archives-she is the QUEEN of simple and adorable cards!

Feel free to download my template here.

Stay tuned for part two...

3 comments:

  1. These valentine's are so cute! I love them. You are so creative and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute, Randi! And thanks for the kind mention. I don't think I've ever been called the queen of anything. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable!! Always on the look out for creative class valentines. So glad to find your blog! We're just starting out, and you are certainly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...